So, my host family greets me after dinner and we head to E-Mart which is the Korean version of Wal-Mart...except it's cleaner, and quiter, and four stories and better in every way. So..actually, it's nothing like Wal-Mart. E-Mart is the bee's knees.
The carts require you to insert a coin to unlock them. You get the coin back when you return it. Confession, we've got a shopping cart problem at home so this was intriguing to me.
Look how clean that is!!!!
They weigh your produce for you at the bin and put a sticker on it.
Excuse me, bomb ass bakery
The escalator slants (instead of using stairs) so that you can use the shopping cart on it. I've decided that all escalators should slant.
E-Mart is the sniggety bomb diggety and they sell everything. I paused at the electronics section...every device in Korea is so much better than ours and Samsung is king here.
Excuse me, all-in-one computer/screen combo.
And, this is mainly for my mom and I who geek out over appliances. They have this awesome refrigerator called the LG Dios. It has a small compartment in the front (open by a button) and doors that open to the main refrigerator. I've noticed that all of the appliances are aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.
After traipsing around E-Mart, I bought a piece of luggage. ;) So now I can buy stuff without fear of not having enough room!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! It's a cute bag that I'll use when I get home (rationalization) and it matches my other luggage (justification).
I used my credit card to pay for my bag and I found out that whenever you use a credit card in Korea, you have the choice to pay it all at once or have the choice to have it charged to you in 2 or 3 installments.
....
I'm going to let that sink in.
When you use your credit card in Korea...you can have your purchases divided into three easy payments. Do you guys REALIZE what my wardrobe would be like if this was available in the States?! Do you UNDERSTAND what this will mean if it works on American charge cards...I can hit up Gucci and Tiffany in Seoul!!! *calms self*
Anywho, I learned about a very popular Korean cartoon character called Pororo. My host family's daughter LOVES this cartoon and apparently they sell it everywhere.
Another popular character is Dibo
We left EMart to head back home where we ate fresh fruit. I'm learning so much from the host family and the son is so talkative (which prevents awkward moments). I learned that his favorite sport is ping pong and that he also plays basketball. He told me that Angry Birds is very popular in Korea and he told me a bunch of other stuff that I can't recall now. I think he's enjoying being a translator for his mother. His mom feels so bad that she can't speak English and it is unfortunate because she's a very sweet woman.
After that adventure I hit the hay to get ready for another day.













How did EMart just make Target look like Walmart?
ReplyDelete