Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time Out: Frat Party

April 13th:

Today was a much more chill day than we've had in the past.  We traveled almost four hours each way by bus to see the cherry blossoms in bloom.

We left at eight o'clock on a Friday morning in this thing


This was a tricked out coach bus that had a table in the back!  We were told not to worry about breakfast because it would be provided.  Imagine my surprise when "breakfast" turned out to be beer, soju and fried chicken...AT EIGHT IN THE MORNING.  People swarmed to the back of the bus (where I was sitting and where the table was located) to devour chicken and take shots during the ride.  I felt like I was at an early morning frat party and called Dee so she could witness this mania.

Anyway, we eventually got there and it was BEAUTIFUL.  My pictures don't do it justice and there were people EVERYWHERE so it was hard to get good shots.

Chalk art





















We then traveled to another spot with beautiful cherry blossom and a bridge that lovers are supposed to walk across.  Honestly, I'm not too sure about those details because I figured if I wasn't concerned about it with the Crim Dell at W&M, I shouldn't be concerned about it here. ;)












We then went to Changwon Marine Park and took a quick tour of the exhibits. 










View from the balcony


View from the balcony featuring me acting like a fool

It is readily apparent on this trip how long my arms are


It also featured some Naval exhibits and ships that you could tour but I passed because it wasn't any different than anything I could do at home.




We then boarded the bus for the long sojourn home.  Perhaps I've blacked it out but I don't recall it being quite as fratty on the way back as on the way there. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment